Your dentist can tell you that your teeth are in bad shape, but you sometimes need help understanding what that means. Many people only realize the importance of oral health once they start having problems with their teeth or face severe dental issues.
Dental crowns are one of the most common and effective ways to protect your teeth. If you want to learn more about dental crowns, here are some benefits:
- To Protect a Weak Tooth from Further Damage: Dental crowns are often used to protect teeth that have already been damaged. The protective cap can help prevent further decay and allow your tooth to heal or strengthen itself. A tooth that has experienced trauma, such as a fall or sports injury, may also be protected with a crown.
- Natural-Looking Teeth: A dental crown can be made to look just like the rest of your teeth. They’re designed to match their surrounding teeth in shape, size, and color so that they are less noticeable when you smile or talk. This is especially important for people with missing or broken teeth because it makes them feel more confident about their appearance.
- Help Hold a Dental Bridge in Place: A dental crown can help hold a dental bridge. A dental bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. It connects to your natural teeth on either end so that you can chew and speak normally again without pain or discomfort. Crowns are attached to both sides of the gap in your teeth, connecting them into place.
- Improve Clarity in Your Speech: A dental crown can help improve clarity in your speech. When missing a tooth, it can be difficult to pronounce certain sounds and words. This may make you self-conscious about speaking in public or around others. A crown can help improve the quality of your voice so that it sounds more natural again.
- It is Attractive: Dental crowns are designed to look like natural teeth. They are often made from porcelain or a resin composite material that matches your other teeth in color and appearance. Your dentist may be able to create a crown that is a replica of your tooth. Sometimes, the crown may be made with a slightly different shape or color than your other teeth. This can improve the overall appearance of your smile by creating more symmetry between the teeth on both sides of your mouth.
- It Will Give You the Confidence to Smile More: A beautiful smile is one of the most important assets to maintaining a healthy, fulfilling life. When you feel good about yourself and your appearance, it’s easier to relate to others and have fun. Your self-confidence will skyrocket when you can flash your pearly whites.
- Alleviate Dental Pain or Discomfort: Dental pain can be a serious problem for some people. It can keep you from eating or speaking normally and may even make you dread sleeping at night. A crown can help alleviate this discomfort by covering your tooth’s damaged or decayed portion so that nothing touches your nerve endings.
If you have dental crowns, you can reduce your risk of tooth decay and other problems. They’re also easy to maintain and come in a variety of materials. Make sure you know the benefits before getting a dental crown to make an informed decision about your treatment plan.
Let only Galleria Dental Arts craft your perfect smile. We are dentists in Manassas who will ensure that you have the best dental crowns possible. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.